- Self-employed immigration
If you have the relevant experience, the required net worth and interested in coming to Canada to create your own job as a self employed, you may be eligible to one of Canada immigration programs.
Canada Self-employed immigration programs
There are three main immigration programs designed for self-employed persons. Each one of these programs has its own definition and requirements:
- Quebec Self-Employed Immigration Program
- Canada federal self-employed immigration program
- Canada Farming immigration programs
To immigrate to Quebec as a self-employed, you must:
- Have worked as self-employed, for at least 2 years in the previous 5 years, in a profession or in a trade that you intend to continue practicing when you immigrate to Quebec.
- Have a net worth of at least CAD $ 100 000
- Make a refundable security deposit of CAD $25 000 or CAD $50 000, when you get the conditional approval of your selection.
- Score the minimum requested points on a selection grid designed to assess your net worth, age, level of education, years of relevant experience, language skills in French and in English.
Note: The security deposit amount depends on the region where you will practice your own profession or trade
Federal self-employed immigration program requirements
To immigrate to Canada as a self-employed, you must:
- Have at least 2 years of “relevant” work experience (the last 5 years),
- Score at least 35 points on a selection grid and
- Be willing and able to make a significant contribution to the cultural or athletic life of Canada.
- Taken part in cultural activities or athletics at a world-class level or
- Been a self-employed person in cultural activities or athletics
There is no regulated minimum net worth required from the applicants under the Federal Self-employed program. However, you must have enough money, according to the latest financial grid to settle in Canada with your family and to finance the work on which your qualification to the program was assessed based on.
Canada farming immigration programs
To immigrate to Canada as a farmer, you must:
- Have experience in farming
- Have enough funds to invest in a farming operation
- Plan to buy and run a farm in Canada
- Alberta farming stream
- Manitoba farm Investor immigration
- Saskatchewan farmer immigration